Frequently asked questions
Why do you have different hours in the summer?
All summer, we have week-long camps, so we are open earlier and on Mondays. When kids go back to school, we go back to our normal hours.
How long does it take to complete a project?
One to two hours for Open Studio. We set aside 2 1/2 hours for Canvas Nights, 1 ½ to 2 hours for Potter’s Wheel classes and usually an hour for most of the children’s classes.
When can I pick up my finished project?
In the summer, it should be ready in about a week. The rest of the year it may take a little longer because we wait until our kiln is full before firing. Someone will give you a call or email you when your project is ready to be picked up.
How long can I leave my finished project at Art Beat?
We are running out of storage space for finished projects that have not yet been picked up. A new policy has gone into effect where we can only hold the finished project for 3 months.
What is Open Studio?
You can drop in at any time to paint pottery. There is a studio fee of $9 for adults and $7 for children to cover materials. Each project is individually marked with a price ranging from $4 to $45.
Can we do other projects in Open Studio?
Yes, we have Mosaics, Stepping Stones (wet or dry method) and Hand Building Clay Play (not on the wheel).
How will I know if a spot opens up when we are on the waitlist?
If space becomes available in a camp or class, you should receive an email inviting you to sign up. You can call the studio as well to see if there has been a last-minute cancellation.
Do you have gift cards?
We do have gift cards in whatever amount you would like.
Do you have punch cards?
We have punch cards for Open Studio. Five visits and your sixth one is free.
Dear Art Beat community,
• We are currently open and running camps and classes. The weekends are reserved for special events.
• We are cleaning per the county rules, hand sanitizers need to be used upon arrival, everyone is wearing masks and desks are 6" feet apart.
• With this hotter weather we are turning on the AC but also keeping a back door open for ventilation.
• All instructors are vaccinated and we wash our hands a lot!
• We still have our online store to purchase projects to do at home if you're not comfortable being in-person yet
If you’re looking for more ways to protect yourself and your loved ones, check out the CDC website.
Thank you so much for sticking with us. We look forward to continuing to support each other during these challenging times.